Welcome to AWAK
The Association of Women Accountants of Kenya- AWAK is a non-political and non-profit making professional women accountants' organization.
It was registered in 1994 under the Societies Act,and continues to pursue the main objective of member empowerment,at the same time contributing to varying needs in society.
The association works in close collaboration with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and Kenya Accountants & Secretaries National Examination Board (KASNEB).
Continually we encourage all qualified women accountants to join ICPAK in order to network and enhance career development.We also encourage those who have attained part 2 qualifications to complete the course to enjoy the full benefits of a qualified accountant.
Vision- to be a globally recognized women accountant's organization.
Mission- Building capacity among women accountants to enable them access opportunities.
The corporate colours of AWAK are Purple,White and Green as seen in the AWAK logo.
AWAK members identify strongly with the Tag line "Uplifting our World". This message serves as a contribution of women accountants to the broader voice of other women in championing for women empowerment.
- Passion-We are enthusiastic about the purpose for which AWAK exists.
- Integrity-We will always do the right thing and uphold high moral principles.
- Professionalism-We conduct our work in a dignified manner and uphold the highest professional standards.
- Accountability-We take responsibility for our actions and are accountable to our stakeholders.
- Diversity-We accommodate divergent opinions in our membership and in our work.
- Teamwork-We work together and support one another in our efforts to achieve our goals and objectives.