CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS
Location: CPA Centre, Thika Rd, Nairobi
Period: 2 Months starting immediately
Time required: Minimum of 4 days per week
Closing: January 30th 2017
The Association of Women Accountants of Kenya is a non-political and non-profit making membership organization committed to uplifting women professionally.
We are looking for 3 volunteers to work in our office for a period of 2 months, for at least four days a week – to specifically assist in planning for an up-coming Conference. The volunteers will work closely and be supervised by AWAK CEO or her delegate.
Terms of Reference
- Customer care: Making and responding to calls as regards the conference
- Marketing; Follow up with potential sponsors and delegates for the event as directed by the CEO
- Filing: Assist with electronic filing and filing of hardcopy materials.
- Administrative support: Assist with tasks such as mailing, event organization, and organizing contact databases.
- Perform any other duties as shall be assigned
Please apply if you can relate with the following:
- Interest in event management/ customer care/PR/marketing.
- Post-secondary education
- Commitment to AWAK mandate.
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills and
- Attention to detail and effective time management
- Organisational ability and willingness to learn and take instruction
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and to multi-task.
- Strong computer and IT skills, particularly with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Some experience of working as part of a team would be an added advantage.
Please note that this position is voluntary – however, we shall give recommendation at the end of the assignment
The position will be filled immediately the right candidates are found.